North Yorkshire Legal Services Ltd, Trading Office: Unit 4 Audax Court, Audax Close, York YO30 4RB Tel: 01904 632622 is registered with the Property Codes Compliance Board (PCCB) as a subscriber to the Search Code. The PCCB independently monitors how registered search firms maintain compliance with the Code.
The Search Code:
• provides protection for homebuyers, sellers, estate agents, conveyancers and mortgage lenders who rely on the information included in property search reports undertaken by subscribers on residential and commercial property within the United Kingdom
• sets out minimum standards which firms compiling and selling search reports have to meet
• promotes the best practice and quality standards within the industry for the benefit of consumers and property professionals
• enables consumers and property professionals to have confidence in firms which subscribe to the code, their products and services.
By giving you this information, the search firm is confirming that they keep to the principles of the Code. This provides important protection for you.
The Code’s core principles
Firms which subscribe to the Search Code will:
• display the Search Code logo prominently on their search reports
• act with integrity and carry out work with due skill, care and diligence
• at all times maintain adequate and appropriate insurance to protect consumers
• conduct business in an honest, fair and professional manner
• handle complaints speedily and fairly
• ensure that products and services comply with industry registration rules and standards and relevant laws
• monitor their compliance with the Code